This is How Much Water Ayurveda Recommends Everyone to Drink!
May 25, 2017
There are no two opinions about the fact that drinking ample amount of water is the key to good health. This has been established by almost all spheres of medicine, including Ayurveda. While most of us know that it is essential that we drink enough water, we aren’t sure about the definition of ‘enough.’
Ayurveda has laid down a few guidelines regarding water consumption so that you know how much water you should drink in a day and how you should drink it to get the maximum benefit. With a little awareness, you can change your life for good. Here are a few things you must know about drinking water, as suggested by Ayurveda.
How much water should you drink?
Ayurveda suggests that you should drink water throughout the day in small sips. The rule of drinking 8 glasses of water every day doesn’t hold good for everyone. Since all of us are different with different diet choices and lifestyles, our water intake is also variable.
The human body has its measuring system. When it needs water, it will create the thirst to make you aware that you should drink water. Therefore, drink water when you’re thirsty. When you start following your thirst cues and take small sips of water the entire day, you’ll automatically hit the right amount of water needed for your body.
Things to remember while drinking water
1) You must make sure that you’re drinking purified water. It is essential for your health because impure water can cause several infections and diseases.
2) Ayurveda recommends that you should drink water while sitting instead of standing.
3) Don’t drink too much of water after or before meals. You must have a ratio of 50% food, 25% water and leave the 25% of your stomach empty for healthy digestion.
4) It’s recommended to drink tepid water instead of ice cold water. Cold water usually obstructs digestion.
5) Take cues from your body for drinking water. The first cue will be parched lips. When you feel thirsty, your lips dry. Drink water immediately when this happens. Another indicator is your urine. Your urine should be clear. If it is yellow in colour or darker, you should understand that your body is dehydrated and you need to drink more water.
6) Always drink water in sips and not in one shot.
7) Drink water first thing in the morning. It will help flush toxins out of your system.
8) Consume water after 40 minutes of your meal. If you feel really thirsty, drink buttermilk or fresh fruit juice to quench your thirst.
Follow these simple rules of drinking water and live a better and healthy life.
Know more about our Best-Selling Water Purifiers & Air Purifiers:
Leave a Reply